https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town https://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-06-07 16:40:402015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen’s Minutes, June 6, 2013
Selectmen’s Minutes, June 6, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
May 30, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $126,668.31; Education was $100,214.44 and the second payment to the transfer station was $24,907.25.
3) Denied payment for an unauthorized class for the deputy code enforcement officer.
4) Assistant will confirm the salt contract with Harcros Chemical for the year 2013-14.
5) Confirmed a previously scheduled memorial service in the Town House for July 14. The Thursday Club will move their quilt display across the road into the Historic District buildings for that afternoon. The quilt display will be in the Town House for the Sundays in July to coincide with the hours that the Historic buildings are open (2-4 pm)
6) Discussed the Sedgwick-Brooklin town line which runs down the center of the Benjamin River and will have a meeting with the Harbor Committee before having another meeting with the Brooklin selectmen regarding the mooring fees charged by Sedgwick.
7) A letter will be sent by the attorney representing the town in the 4 Winds/Patten case requesting mediation with a judge. A reply will be required within 30 days after receipt of the letter. We need to know what they actually want, what the footprints are of their request, and what the environmental impact on the pond will be. If there is no reply, and there have been no efforts on their part to mediate with the town, wording will be explored to legally put a work stop order at the site and start a daily fine.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd selectman