TOWN OF SEDGWICK
July 12, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Packet reporter Jonathan Thomas, Ellsworth American reporter Jennifer Osborn, Nelson Grindal, Fred Marston.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $85,572.07; education $59,488.10, Hancock County Planning Commission dues, $1,120, MMA insurance $5,517.50, RJD Appraisal $3,880.
3) Marston cited 5 items that the Planning Board had raised in reference to the Patten/4Winds problem and, in his point of view, were items that he felt the selectmen should be able to discuss. A) There seemed to be a lack of communication with the area newspapers, B) A lack of enforcement of Judge Cuddy’s judgment, C) A change of heart of the town lawyer in the legal issues , D) A possible conflict of interest between the town attorney and the contractor for the project, E) Endless postponement for the town’s assessing agent to get an appointment to view the property.
4) Grindal asked about the progress of the Salt Pond access, the Mill Pond access, and the Silvermine accesses since his illness. He is ready to pick up the plans if needed. He was given permission to do so.
5) Basil Bowden has offered to help build the walking bridge to the swimming area at the Walker Pond access. The permit is here for the building of the storage shed and the attendant will be able to start building it soon. The Walker Pond Access has been very busy during the weekends and hot days.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman