TOWN OF SEDGWICK
February 23, 2012
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and accepted the minutes of January 26 and February 16.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrants for February 16 for $1,123.57 and February 23 for $161,155.27. The warrant for February 23 included $57,761.84 for education, $24,907.25 for the transfer station quarterly payment, $53,181 to M.E. Astbury for the first payment on the Walker Pond road’s second phase, $10,000 to Paul Carter on his snow contract payment(#4) and Webb Excavating for $11,428.58 on their snow contract payment (#5).
3) The Marine Resources Committee met at the Town Office from 5 pm to 6:25 pm. They will next meet on the third Thursday of March. They are studying the Harbor Ordinance to see what regulation changes are possible.
4) The selectmen are looking into why we are not receiving the money for the preparation work done on the Walker Pond landing from the grant.
5) The question of referendum voting on the warrant articles at Town Meeting is still being discussed.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman