TOWN OF SEDGWICK
December 22, 2009
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger, Victor Smith. Also present: Paul Trowbridge, Gordon Gianninoto and Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Opened the meeting at 6:30 pm.
2) Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
3) Trowbridge and Gianninoto were in to discuss the insurance issues regarding the wind tower project on Gianninoto’s land. A lease agreement is being drawn up and will be reviewed by all parties soon.
4) Discussion also on the towers and the noise that they may generate. The Vinalhaven project has developed problems with the noise of the turbines disturbing the abutters. There may be other manufacturers that make a quieter generator. The project coordinators have also decided to downsize their project from three towers if it becomes necessary. They made the point again, as they have in the past, that this is in the very preliminary stages and that it may not happen at all.
5) Signed the Treasurer’s Warrant of $68,319.51 of which $59,879.29 was for the school.
The meeting was adjourned at 8 pm. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2009 as New Years Eve is on Thursday.