Selectmen’s Minutes, December 17, 2020

December 17, 2020

Opened the meeting and established a quorum present. Selectmen present: (by phone Ben Astbury, Bob Publicover, Michael Sheahan). Also present: (by phone CEO Duane Ford, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Jeffrey Roth, Jerry Wetterskog).

Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting as amended. Roll call vote 3-0.

Will review and sign treasurer’s warrant for $12,927.84; clearing/mv $3,936.50, fees $132, fire protection 1,648.96, administration $869.64, legal $1,422, snow $3,483.53, general assistance $1,435.21.

CEO REPORT: Checking around, a deck on Rope Ferry Rd will need a shoreland permit, a homeowner building a house on Hales Hill Road needed information, processing at least 2 building notifications possibly in the shoreland zone. Asked selectmen about progress on a case in the attorney’s hands. None. Astbury will call.

DISCUSSION ITEMS: 1) Town Meeting/Election Discussion (continued) – Sheahan has information regarding Blue Hill’s referendum meeting: all town articles were in one article, all school articles were in one article, the public hearing was more like a usual town meeting with questions and answers. We would need 45 days for a hearing before town meeting if we did it this way (January 19 deadline). We could possibly vote for officers on Friday, March 5, meet on Saturday and vote to recess until a specific time before June 30, the end of the fiscal year. Discussion to continue.
2) Pest Control – Roll call voted to call companies, get information and decide which one to go with.
3) Any Unresolved Business – Publicover: the broadband issue is confusing, CCI may do part of town, but there may also be another award for GWI to apply for. Wetterskog agreed.
Sheahan checked on short term rental moratoriums for the Planning Board. There are several towns that have ordinances, but need to start with a definition of ‘short term rental’. Most ask for notification and fee for the town and regulates new structures. He will do more research.
Astbury will contact the attorney. He reported that there will be another meeting of the GSA committee at the end of this month, and the meeting of the Transfer Station committee made progress on a billing formula.

PUBLIC COMMENT: Astbury thanked everyone for the work they have done this year; they thanked him for taking the lead. All selectmen thanked Wetterskog for the major technical help that he has given the town this year.

ADJOURN: There being no further business moved, seconded and roll call voted to adjourn the meeting at 6:50 p.m.

There will be no meeting on December 24 or on December 31. Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.

Respectfully submitted,
Barbara Grindle, Assistant