TOWN OF SEDGWICK
December 15, 2022
Opened the meeting and declared a quorum present. Selectmen present: Ben Astbury, Colby Pert, Michael Sheahan. Also present: Assistant Barbara Grindle, Superintendent Dan Ross, (by phone Jerry Wetterskog).
Read and amended the minutes of the last meeting. Moved, seconded and voted to approve them as amended.
Reviewed and signed the treasurer’s warrant for $7,966.26: clearing:m/v $5,645.78; administration $1,296.38; fire protection $925.22; town office $98.88.
CEO REPORT: Received a call regarding land use on a property at Walker Pond; reviewed a building permit for Harding Lane; did a building notification form for construction on Reach Road; did an on-site inspection on Snows Cove; also viewed septic work on Blueberry Lane; answered questions about buildings at Heavenfield, more buildings will need a subdivision review.
DISCUSSION ITEMS: 1) Union 76 Superintendent: Discussed the procedure, problems, and processing of the school audit and budget.
2) Audit Preparation Progress: Communicating with the auditor regarding both the town audit and the school audit.
3) Support Letter for First Baptist Church Renovation: Reviewed, approved and signed the letter for the Church renovation grant.
4) US Fish and Wildlife Letter of Intent: Reviewed and approved of the letter of intent.
5) Tax Collector Position/Rapid Renewal: Moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to accept the resignation of the tax collector effective December 31. Moved, seconded and voted 3-0 to appoint Robin Colburn who was the co-applicant, as tax collector to start January 1, 2023. Will check to make sure that all paperwork is done for the audit and change-over to the new collector is done before December 31.
6) Unresolved Business: Received an email from George Stevens Academy regarding the tuition increase for the year 2023-24. Will hold a public hearing for the referendum question on February 16, 7 p.m. at the town office.
ADJOURN: There being no further business, moved seconded and voted to adjourn the meeting at 7:09 p.m.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant