The Augusta office holds HHE-200 (septic plan) records from July 1974 to present.
- Records prior to 2000 are held on microfiche in our Augusta office and require a $15.00 fee to search a 5-year span, (example: 93 – 98).
- Septic design records from the year 2000 to present are available through a free, online search tool. We are updating this search with additional years as we convert files into digital formats.
Below is the attached record search form for you to complete and mail in along with payment. The form is also available on the Maine Subsurface Wastewater Division website.
- A non-refundable, $15.00 fee will be required per 5-year search.
- Method of payment is check or money order, no credit cards.
- Complete applications with fee, are processed as they are received, no expediting. (generally 3-4 weeks)
- You will be notified whether records are found, (complete or partial), or not found. No guarantees.
- If records are found, the quality of print may vary due to the fact they printed from microfiche. We will do the best we can to print a legible copy.
To look up septic system records with the State of Maine:
*(Note that in State records Sedgwick also has Sargentville as town designation)*
Please use this hyperlink to go to the direct website:
“Online Septic System Permit Search”
- Click the orange “Get Started” button
- Begin your search by choosing the city/ town and the year that you would like to search
The entire screen will fill up with all of the permits from the year you choose going back to 2000.
Questions about the Subsurface Rules or permit content? You can contact the Subsurface Wastewater Unit at: (207) 287-2070 or email@example.com