Documented Vessels

If you own a Documented Vessel that holds a United States Coastguard certificate, you are responsible for paying excise tax on the boat to the Town of Sedgwick and need to get a documented excise tax sticker from the Tax Collector. If  you dock your boat in a different municipality they should be making sure that you have paid your documented excise tax to the municipality that you live in. The excise tax is based off of the length of your boat. When you come in please have your boat information with you (Boat name, hull ID number, length, HSP, year built, make) I will provide you with a form that has shows proof along with your receipt that you have paid your documented vessel excise tax. Our town office only accepts cash or checks.