http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-03-29 14:12:582015-11-02 15:43:05Selectmen's minutes, March 21, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
March 21, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: CEO Edward Michaels, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $85,030.52; $61055.03 for education, $22,000 for snow contract, and $375 for legal fees in the Patten case.
3) CEO reported that the people that purchased Bill Donnell’s property wish to run an internet selling business from the property. They will need a site plan review before setting up business.
4) He also reported that work on a home in the Covenant Way subdivision has been going on without permits.
5) There have been two requests to use the Town House for memorial services this summer. One is for Richard Hunneman, a long-time resident of Sargentville on August 10.
6) Motion made and seconded to pay general assistance from the town funds for a needy family that does not qualify under the state regulations. Voted to pay 2-0-1 (Grindal, general assistance officer).
7) Moved and seconded to appoint Assistant Grindle deputy for general assistance. Vote was 3-0 in favor of the appointment.
8) Tashafer”s (renamed Tasha’s) asking what needs to be done to be allowed to serve wine and/or beer. Grindal to get forms for town use, they need to be licensed by the state and federal agencies also.
9) Discussed the Patten/4 Winds case.
10) Motion made and seconded for Davis and Grindal to attend concealed gun permit training.
11) DOT reporting – Route 172 to be ditched, culverted, skim coated and paved this summer. Sedgwick Ridge Road also to be paved. No rebuilding of either road.
12) Appointments to be made April 1st.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:35 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman