http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png 0 0 town http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png town2013-08-16 15:58:422015-11-02 15:43:04Selectmen's Minutes, August 8, 2013
TOWN OF SEDGWICK
August 8, 2013
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Nelson Grindal, Victor Smith
Also present: Road Commissioner Paul Carter, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, CEO Duane Ford, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant Barbara Grindle, Steve McCourt
1) Read and accepted the minutes from last week.
2) Signed the Treasurer’s warrant for $49,712.75; education accounted for $40,197.87 and road work on the Old County Road accounted for $4007.
3) Road Commissioner was brought up-to-date on the Carter Point case.
4) Moved, seconded and voted 3 – 0 to retain Durward Parkinson to handle the Carter Point conflict. Assistant will get a package together for him to review. Road commissioner has maintained the road for over 30 years, during which time it has gone from a dirt road to a paved road. Winter maintenance has also been done for the same time period.
5) The selectmen were unhappy about the lateness of the handling of the notice for the Camp Four Winds. The notice was too late to make the Packet, but was put in the Bangor Daily News. The hearing will be held Aug. 15 at 7 pm in the Town Office.
6) The electrician should be in the office next week. He will change the ceiling lights to LED, install plugs in the center wall on both offices, fix the outside light, install a flagpole light and secure the computer routing system that is in the wet basement so that we don’t need to stand on a stepladder and work in water to reboot.
7) We may need a special town meeting to ask for funds from surplus to do work inside the Town Office. The basement, bathroom, electricity all need work. Estimates are needed before the meeting so no date has been set.
8) Moved, seconded and voted 3 – 0 to appoint Nicole Gray to the Planning Board.
9) CEO was asked about revisions on ordinances. He suggested that the shoreland zoning ordinance really needs upgrading.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:25 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman