TOWN OF SEDGWICK
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger
Others present: Assistant Barbara Grindle, Tax Collector Belinda Pert
1) Barbara reported that the assessor’s agent, Matt Caldwell, has been in and finished the spring work. He has left the figures for the tax collector and treasurer to get together so the selectmen can figure the mill rate for the year 2009-2010. The tax collector will be able to get the taxes out just as soon as the numbers are ready.
2) Selectmen signed one abatement and one supplemental found during the assessor’s spring work.
3) Fire Chief David Carter has been awarded a Safety Enhancement Grant from Maine Municipal Association in the amount of $1,342 for the fire department’s turnout gear.
4) The estimate for road salt has increased from $66 last year to nearly $72 this year. We need to order 150 – 250 tons for next winter.
5) There seems to be a question about the Pine Grove Cemetery road ownership. When the new road was built this part of the road was bypassed. We need to check on what the state did with it when the new road was built.
6) Selectmen are disturbed at the article in the Weekly Packet that shows two of the candidates in color on the front page and the third candidate on the second page in black and white. A correction will be requested from the paper.
The meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant