TOWN OF SEDGWICK
June 17, 2010
Selectmen present: Nelson Grindal, Colby Pert, Victor Smith
Also present: Dr. Wilgram, Public Access Comm. Members Neil Davis, Diane Kornmeier, Paul Trowbridge, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Tax Collector Belinda Pert, Assistant (and Public Access Comm. Member) Barbara Grindle, Margaret Bixby.
1) Minutes of the last meeting read and accepted.
2) Signed Treasurer’s Warrant for $7,245.60.
3) Dr. Wilgram wishes the town to change the road and the boat ramp on the Walker Pond access. It was explained to him that since we have put a great deal of time and money and all plans have been approved by Brooksville, Sedgwick and the State that nothing will be changed at this late date. The right of way on the Condon property has been registered at Hancock Registry of Deeds.
4) We have foreclosed on the Alice Carter property on Pertville Road with verbal agreement from the heirs. It was moved, seconded and accepted that we take this property for back taxes.
5) Ms Bixby reported that the ramps on Ferry Landing were dangerous when there was gravel on them. She had fallen and injured her shoulder. The Access Committee had viewed the landing and agreed with her. The Selectmen will see that the problem is taken care of.
6) The Access Committee reported on several of the accesses: Salt Pond, with a house in the ROW; Rope Ferry with a septic system in the road (this is a walking, recreational access agreed upon several years ago); Beach Street (2) one needs looking at to see if it is feasible to build steps to a beautiful beach, the other is a deep water anchorage with virtually no parking except in a driveway belonging to the adjacent landowner; Carter Point access has been trimmed and needs to be viewed; Shore Road needs some guardrails, especially at the bridge; Ferry Landing needs concrete in the holes in the ramp and steps or some way of walking to the water without needing to go down the concrete ramp, perhaps a path of crushed stone beside the ramps; Billings Cove is good, the path has been widened and there is a picnic area in the central part of the cove (thanks, Vic); work has been done on the Town Boat Landing and more is being planned. We need to check on the Gray access in West Sedgwick. Walker Pond is in the process of the road being cut.
7) Paul Trowbridge brought in papers that need to be filled out and a letter of intent for the Energy Maine Efficiency grant.
The meeting was adjourned at 8 pm.
Victor Smith, 3rd Selectman