Also present: Tax collector Belinda Pert, Treasurer Cindy Reilly, Packet reporter Bette Britt, CEO Edward Michaels, Mr. & Mrs. Gardner Schneider, Superintendent Mark Jenkins, Budget committee members Horace Wardwell, Steve Tobey, Paul Trowbridge, Bill Pettingill, School board member Michael Sheahan, Robert Jones, Assistant Barbara Grindle.
1) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $6,158.07, $3,890.87 of which was for winter salt.
2) The Harbor Committee met at 5 pm and were here to ask the selectmen about boundary lines between Brooklin and Sedgwick through the Benjamin River. The selectmen will check into the matter.
3) Signed several abatements and three supplements for the tax collector.
4) Approved the purchase agreement to upgrade the TRIO program to handle more properties.
5) Superintendent of Schools Jenkins presented the school budget. It presents a 2.4% decrease, but the budget committee asked him to clarify several points. He will return in 2 weeks with a 2-3 year comparison to clarify the $200,000 budget shortfall and redemption. This is his first year and he was unfamiliar with several of the situations raised by the residents present, and asked if he could return with a better understanding of them.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant to the Selectmen
http://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.png00townhttp://sedgwickmaine.org/2016/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sedgwick-logo-2.pngtown2013-01-25 13:41:062015-11-02 15:43:06Selectmen's Minutes, January 17, 2013