TOWN OF SEDGWICK
August 4, 2011
Selectmen present: Neil Davis, Colby Pert
Also present: Nelson Grindal, Assistant Barbara Grindle
1) Read and approved the minutes of the last meeting.
2) Signed the treasurer’s warrant for $75,099.89; education expenses were $52,989.59.
3) Grindal reported on the Walker Pond road progress. Engineer McCullough and selectmen has also been monitoring the progress of the road. People are still being asked not to use the road as long as the heavy construction machinery is working.
4) Grindal also reported that the papers had come in today approving up to $250,000 on the grant from the state for the Walker Pond Access. The selectmen present signed the papers and Grindal took the papers to the Brooksville selectmen who were meeting at the time. He will see that the papers are signed by Selectman Smith and return them to the Selectmen of each town. There will have to be a special town meeting to approve acceptance of these funds.
5) Work is in progress to get a deeded right-of-way to the Mill Pond in Sargentville for another access for the town. The state will stock fish in the pond once the deed is accepted.
6) A complaint has been received about the bent stop sign at the Rt 172 – Old County Road intersection.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:40 pm.
Barbara Grindle, Assistant to the Selectmen