Town of Sedgwick Maine
July 26, 2007 Thursday 6:30 PM
Selectmen present: Chairman, Nelson Grindal, Bill Jagger and Tom O'Connor. Other participants: Selectmen’s assistant Barbara Grindle, Fire Chief David Carter, Town clerk Cindy Reilly and Code enforcement officer Duane Ford.
- Approved the minutes of the July 24, 2007 selectmen’s meeting.
- Selectmen signed the 2006 Certificate of settlement thus closing the books on the 2006 tax collections.
- Chief Carter reported a problem with one of the town’s fire trucks overheating. The overheating problem caused the truck to fail a recent pump test. Selectmen voted 3 to 0 to authorize funds to have the engine rebuilt which should bring the truck up to operating standards.
- Code enforcement officer Ford, gave selectmen an update on several code enforcement issues going on in town, including a recent clear cut on Eggemoggin reach.
- Selectmen reviewed and approved the treasurer’s warrant (#4) in the amount of $48,044.27. $42,828.38 of that amount was for school expenses.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:15PM
Respectfully submitted, Tom O'Connor Third Selectman